We’re settling in for the long weekend, and there are few articles and things which have caught my eye on Facebook over the past couple of weeks that I hope to have a better look at if I can grab some spare time. Here they are in no particular order:
- This comment from Pope Francis on journalism as a ‘weapon of destruction’, while reflecting on three pillars of authentic journalism to a group of 400 Italian reporters.
- It isn’t new I think, but I really like this slideshow which lists the names of the plants in the pots, and the best environment for each display. Better Homes and Gardens – Great Containers for Gardening.
- Haven’t watched this yet, Bruce Springsteen on the Late Show, looks like it might be interesting.
- This talk by journalist Marion Fernandez-CuetoMarion Fernandez-Cueto, given at an Edel Gathering (a conference of Catholic women) a couple of years ago continues to inspire people so I figure I’d better have a listen.
- I need to do something about the pantry again, and the Reject Shop is cheap, so I’m hoping this can help me.
- Lifehacker has this cool chart explaining where everyone fits on the extended family tree, ie. who are second cousins once removed?
- Did you know that one of the greatest magicians ever was a religious brother? Me neither.
- I generally want to get caught up on Hayley Stewart’s blog Carrots for Michaelmas, and Rhonda Hetzel’s Down to Earth – both are excellent.
- Another website I discovered and want to have a better look around at is The Micro Gardener.
Have you got anything up your sleeve for rainy day/long weekend/wait in the doctor’s surgery or hairdresser? A book you’ve saving to read, movie to watch, or stash of online links like me?